Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: MS Access SQL injection

From: "Matt Fisher" <mfisher () spidynamics com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:11:39 -0500

AFAIK Access doesn't seem to support multiple statements in the same
command, so you can't do anything like "urlblah?parm=blah ; select *
from table -- " .  I'd be interested in hearing if you do get a *
through.

I can find *no way* of enumerating columns from Access without just
bruting it. But then, I've never had read to system tables. While
MSysObjects contains some very interesting items (such as "MSysDB",
"Databases" and "Tables") they don't appear queryable even locally, much
less through an injection.  However if the database has any stored
queries or relationships defined, some schema information will be in
MSysRelationships and MSysQueries.... That could certainly be a good
start.

If you can get even one column name in both the webpage's query and your
target table, you could probably move on to join statements to get
wildcards through. (Disclaimer: Never tried this)

- MF