Dailydave mailing list archives

The crest of the wave?

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 00:08:33 -0500

"We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark -- the place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." -HST

Here's a current list of vulnerability sharing clubs that I know about. It's been getting larger and larger.
http://www.argeniss.com/services.html
http://www.idefense.com/application/poi/display?type=vulnerabilities
http://www.gleg.net/products.shtml
http://www.immunitysec.com/services-sharing.shtml

Of course, this doesn't include all the sales to the government (and companies that only do that), which is where the real early adopters are, but I'm going to ignore black money for now.

Here's why I don't think this isn't the crest of the wave: You can't trust the vendors. Flat out, they don't offer the quality of information customers want, and in a week's time, Immunity is going to prove that publicly once again. In the meantime, I'm headed to Prague until next Tuesday, so if I'm slow on e-mail, it's because of a self-imposed "no sshing from Eastern Europe" policy. My cell phone (on web site) will work for emergencies though.

Dave Aitel
VP Public Relations and Marketing
Immunity, Inc.