Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Screenshots in softice?

From: surreal () delusory org
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:36:32 -0700

If you've got VMware handy... I run Windows under Linux, w/ Linux screen
res at 1024x768 and the Windows VM at 800x600. The KDE Screen Capture
Program does a great job. It'll auto-increment the filename of the
screenshots if you're documenting a series of stupid Windows tricks.

Keep Screen Capture running off to one side, poke Windows, click
'grab'', click the VM window with the crosshair cursor, click 'Save',
move the cursor back into the VM focus, repeat. It only grabs the app
that you click in, so you don't have to crop your desktop from the
images.

hth

Surreal