Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Top secret pot

From: Rodney Thayer <rodney () canola-jones com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:19:51 -0700

At 03:31 AM 10/12/2004 -0400, Dave Aitel wrote:

The below text is anonymized. It is not from me or anyone I know. I'm currently in a talk in Warsaw (motto: "Eat a
yummy dumpling") wondering why banks choose to have their login screen non https. Doesn't that totally defeat the
point? Who's opening up the HTML to make sure it goes to a secure site (and the correct secure site?)

Banks here do that too.  When you open up the HTML to see if it
switches to HTTPS at an appropriate moment, you tend to be called
paranoid, obnoxious, anal-compulsive, or some other negative thing.

Then again I hear banks here don't give a fsck because if they loose
money the FDIC just gives it back to them.