Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: BioNet

From: Matthew Franz <mdfranz () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:55:20 -0500

With "Physical/IT Security Convergence" as one of the latest buzzwords
in the physical security domain (and resulting standardization with
stuff like PHYSBITS/Open Security Exchange) this can't be far off. At
least, technically since a lot of the access control ware is
increasingly "open" (meaning built on MSFT infrastructure) and
possible to plug into a MBP (managed biometric provider).

Apparently there was one
(http://www.authentec.com/news/news.cfm?article=32) but I'm guessing
the business model wasn't there or the physical security folks didn't
trust each other or the third party enough ;)

- mdf