Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: XP SP2

From: "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr () watson org>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:15:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Matt Hargett wrote:

:Rodney Thayer wrote:
:> Are you basing your SP 2 analysis on SP 2 itself
:> or on the release candidates?
:>
:> I'm hearing multiple stories on what it takes to get
:> SP 2, including...
:>
:>   - turn on automatice updates and wait in line with the other cattle
:>   - there's a bit torrent available
:>   - if you have a high enough level of MSDN subscription you can
:>     get it online
:>
:> And, of course, there's that world-class data obfuscation mechanism,
:> the Microsoft web site.
:>
:> So... where are people getting SP 2?
:
:I played with the RC1, RC2, and installed the final release a few days
:ago. I got it from a torrent linked to from slashdot.org. The
:observations about component changes, etc I gleaned from various MS
:blogs and .NET Framework 2.0/Longhorn info.

I saw a post on full-disclosure stating M$ did not produce any sort of sum
verification (i.e., md5) for the update; if this is true, how did you
verify the update you had was the one from M$?

Cheers,
Andrew

--
Andrew R. Reiter