Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: RE: Network Exploitation Tools aka Exploitation Engines

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 20:21:29 -0400

For some people, although not all people, there are also two other
points of interest:

1. Immunity is not a foreign (I.E. non-US) intelligence service, and our
code is fully available to all of our customers. Why a military or
government agency wouldn't demand full source code from a foreign (or
even domestic) company selling an exploitation tool baffles me. Do we
hire foreign companies to do penetration tests on our military networks?
Why would the US military use a closed source penetration test tool from
a non-US company on sensitive networks? It boggles the mind.

2. Immunity's open-source support is unwavering and absolute. We are
completely against software patents, whereas CORE's founders all are
signatures on one (covering a broad range of crap). Software patents are
bad for the industry, and Immunity stands steadfast against them. The
same cannot be said for our competitors. Like Bdog says, "Vote with your
money."

Dave Aitel
Immunity, Inc.
"Professional grade FUD"