Dailydave mailing list archives

Taxidermy and Computer Security

From: "Jay D. Dyson" <jdyson () bugtraq org>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 15:02:21 -0500

Originally, my list was about the humorous things in my life, with a few
dumb references to the computer security world.  Since then I've strayed,
and have been releasing advisories in portable document format form and
forgetting to put the funny in my posts to this list.

I was looking for pets on eBay today (since turtle wants a playmate) and
came across the following item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3669606359&category=22702

The first thing that came to my mind is how much fun this cute little guy
could be.  Perfect for placing under the Christmas tree, if you have kids
that have asked for a puppy to celebrate the life of Christ.  Imagine the
delight in their eyes, slowly turning to horror and confusion.  A truely
priceless holiday moment for the whole family.

Also, other entertaining ideas would be leaving it on the seat in your
car during the summer, with the windows rolled up, and waiting for others
to notice the mistreated (and probably dead) dog.  Imagine explaining the
joke to the police, after they've smashed your window open to rescue the
poor creature!

Hours of fun could be had with this dog.

I was going to attempt to make some sort of analogy with this cute little
guy and the the first gag (shocking the kids), and the security industry.
Something along the lines of getting your hopes up over some service or
product, and just getting a stuffed dog in return - and not even a real
dead dog, but one made of rabbit fur.

However, I'm not exactly sure how to make that example funny, so I'll pass
the torch on to the Blue Boar (the original compsec comedian) and let him
finish this one up.

- dave
Director of Stuff
Immunity Incoporated International LTD
"hahahahahaha FUNNY lollersk8z"

--
- -Jay

   ))   ))   .-"There's always time for a good cup of coffee"-.   >====<--.
 C|~~|C|~~| (>------ Jay D. Dyson -- jdyson () bugtraq org ------<) |    = |-'
  `--' `--'  `-------- Si latinam satis simiis doces, --------'  `------'
              `--- quandoque unus aliquid profundum dicet ---'