Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [Full-disclosure] Medium severity flaw in Konqueror

From: Tim Brown <timb () nth-dimension org uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:20:26 +0100

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 03:36:24 Vincent Danen wrote:
* [2011-04-11 22:07:24 +0100] Tim Brown wrote:
I was recently taking a look at Konquerer and spotted an example of
universal XSS.  Essentially, the error page displayed when a requested
URL is not available includes said URL.  If said URL includes HTML
fragments these will be rendered.  CVE-2010-2952 has been assigned to
this issue.

Actually, CVE-2011-1168 was assigned to this issue as noted in the
upstream advisory:

http://www.kde.org/info/security/advisory-20110411-1.txt

Hi Vincent,

You're quite right, not sure how the wrong CVE ended up in the email.  That's
a different CVE for another of my advisories :/.

Tim
--
Tim Brown
<mailto:timb () nth-dimension org uk>