Bugtraq mailing list archives

OSSTMM 3 STAR Released!

From: Pete Herzog <lists () isecom org>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 20:47:02 +0200

Hi,

We have just released the updated STAR, Attack Surface Metrics calculation sheets, and the rav formula!

As part of certain requirements towards compliance, more and more Euro companies (so far in France, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland) have begun getting their infrastructure's attack surfaces certified through ISECOM. As this requires access to the OSSTMM 3 STAR, rav calc sheet, and rav formula, we have released them separately here:

http://www.isecom.org/ravs/

There's more details there at the site about Attack Surface metrics. This is the core of the stuff we've been talking about for a long time as a game-changer to the current guessing problem of the risk models. This works where risk fails.

Enjoy!

Sincerely,
-pete.

--
Pete Herzog - Managing Director - pete () isecom org
ISECOM - Institute for Security and Open Methodologies