Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Motorola Timbuktu's Internet Locator Service real-time data exposed to public.

From: therese.vanryne () motorola com
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:04:02 -0600

Thank you for revisiting this issue. Unfortunately your first message didn't make it to the right parties due to the
then-recent acquisition of Netopia by Motorola.

We take security seriously and have added in password protection to fix this problem. We are also investigating the
root cause of the underlying issue.

It is important to note that non-Timbuktu users who might read this warning understand that sharing this information
is, in fact, the purpose of the IP locator service.  Timbuktu users may choose, voluntarily, to participate in this
service as a way of making it easier for other Timbuktu users to find them.