Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Re: Re: Re: Apache Server HTML Injection and UTF-7 XSS Vulnerability

From: yos20053 () gmail com
Date: 17 May 2008 19:19:07 -0000

Dear Bill From Apache

I think that you didn't understand this vulnerability properly. I ask to to check again and run this exploit with
Firefox. After running this exploit, change manually the ecnoding in Firefox to UTF-7.. You will see that the alert
will jump up. There is no problem to trick the victim and force him to change the encoding of his browser by little
social engineering.

But if you, apache guys will set 403 page's charset in the server side by writing it in your server code, that will
prevent this script running. In IE autoselect will work only if no charset was set to the page in server side.

We know how to solve this problem and if you want we can help you...

Best Regards and with big respect to Apache

Yossi Yakubov (Yos)
יוסי יעקובוב