Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: SendGate: Sendmail Multiple Vulnerabilities (Race Condition DoS, Memory Jumps, Integer Overflow)

From: "Geo." <geoincidents () nls net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 11:12:51 -0500

No, he said: "I am up to the challange and I will do my best." If he
couldn't he would have been responsible enough to say "I can't."

If he stayed anyway and would have not been up to task (which he was),
he would have been seriously attacked as well and maybe even it would
have been taken from him.

Guys,

Paul did finally realize he wasn't capable of writing secure code (he said
so himself in a fairly recent post somewhere), he is one of the top DNS
experts on the planet but he's not one of the top security oriented
programmers and he is aware of this, so he brought in someone who is good at
security oriented programming. That was the right thing to do and it really
helped the bind project. That's what the sendmail project badly needs at
this point, a security oriented project lead.

Realizing that you don't know everything there is to know takes nothing away
from the project or the people working on it. In fact it shows you know more
than the people who refuse to recognize the reality.

Geo.