Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: MySQL 5.0 information leak?

From: Lance James <bugtraq () securescience net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 08:48:21 -0800

Burton Strauss wrote:

I'd get a refund on your coinage... root's password is not security by
obscurity, it is an undisclosed piece of information.  There is a big
difference.

Now we're arguing symantics, undislosed information would also by the
MySQL information leak problem then too, as Bernd doesn't want to
disclose such information to an attacker.

-----Burton