Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: (ICMP attacks against TCP) (was Re: HPSBUX01137 SSRT5954

From: Darren Reed <avalon () caligula anu edu au>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:35:47 +1000 (Australia/ACT)

In some mail from Dana Hudes, sie said:

you will find a range of MTU sizes in radio links of various sorts which
is not just 802.11 but also cellular including GPRS CDMA and WCDMA.
Now, in many instances there is a proxy between the mobile station and the
public network. In fact I wrote a powerpoint presentation summarizing such
a paper on transparent TCP proxy in WCDMA and its on my site
http://www.networkengineer.biz  (I took a course in wireless
architecture).

This website does nothing more than show ads if you are using mozilla.

Please do better than that if you're posting to a public forum.

In many instances, the traffic I've seen between base stations and
mobile phones has a "normal" MTU.  (I worked on software that handles
wireless data.)

Darren