Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability in Helpdesk software Hesk 0.92

From: Thomas Krüger <krueger () k-dns de>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:00:54 +0200

s2b () hotmail com schrieb:

By The Name Of Allah

Vulnerability in Helpdesk software Hesk ..

Vulnerability Type : Login into The Administrator Menu With out Password

Injected version : Helpdesk software Hesk 0.92

Vulnerability Example

http://www.springporttwppd.com/helpdesk/

add : admin.php

http://www.springporttwppd.com/helpdesk/admin.php

Choose the username : administrator

Put any password in the password field

change the url to : admin_main.php

http://www.springporttwppd.com/helpdesk/admin_main.php

You Are Noe in the Administrator menu ..

Hi s2b,

sorry, but I can't confirm that. I can't get any access following your instructions.

The given site uses Basic HTTP Authentication. Requests with this authentication do not depend on the other. There is just the Authentication header added.
Even manual alteration of the request did not give any result:

-------------->
$ telnet www.springporttwppd.com 80
Trying 67.18.224.74...
Connected to www.springporttwppd.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /helpdesk/admin_main.php HTTP/1.1
Host: www.springporttwppd.com
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: UTF-8,*
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive
Authorization: Basic YWRtaW5pc3RyYXRvcjoxMjM0

HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required