Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [XSS] PHP-Nuke 7.4 Bugs

From: Peter Lowe <pgl () yoyo org>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:56:09 +0200

I don't know much about the bug itself, but if it's an SQL injection bug
doing a case-insensitive search for "select" probably isn't going to fix
it properly. What if it was an update changing the admin password? Or a
query dropping the table as a DoS? Etc. Adding

        $aid = addslashes($aid);

beforehand seems like a more sensible "fix".

cheers,

Peter

On Sep 05, Blaine Elzey wrote:
This seems like more of a SQL injection bug.

$admin value "eCcgVU5JT04gU0VMRUNUIDEvKjox" decodes to "x' UNION SELECT 1/*:1"
which will cause the pwd check to be manipulated into union selecting the
valid password.

7.4 Patch can be in auth.php, replace line (about) 61
with
  if ($aid=="" || $pwd=="" || stristr($aid,'select')) {

I don't know if 7.5 is also vulnerable.

Blaine Elzey
--
Powered by: Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)