Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: www.proboards.com / YaBB XSS Vuln

From: Patrick Clinger <pclinger () proboards com>
Date: 17 Sep 2004 18:07:21 -0000

This flaw has been fixed.

I would like to take this opportunity to first state that ProBoards does not run on YaBB software as the author of this
thread implies.  We run on our own in-house developed software, which the YaBB team will vouch for.

Also I would like to note that we were not notified of this vulnerability until last last night, nearly 24 hours after
it was posted here.  I respectfully request of the author of this post to first contact the vendor as is the standard
courtesy for these situations.  Not contacting the vendor first is irresponsible.

Patrick Clinger
ProBoards.com