Bugtraq mailing list archives

CPANEL Vuln : HTML injection

From: qbann targ <web () atomicrealms com>
Date: 4 Jun 2004 03:46:18 -0000

Cpanel Resellers just can use an exploit in
the /scripts/killacct to delete one of my other customers accounts(only the
DNS info) not owned by him. All he had to do was create a fake account then
delete it and look at the source code, view his cookies and
discovered :2086/scripts/killacct?domain=(domain)&user=(user)&submit-
domain=Terminate . He ran it in his WHM with another of my customers domain
and username and it deleted his name server entries. And of course his site
won't show up anymore of course because of the dns info deleted. This would
seem like a pretty serious error, correct me if I am wrong, but I think this
issue should be addressed.

Discovered by : verb0s