Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Round One: "DLL Proxy" Attack Easily Hijacks SSL from Internet Explorer

From: "John D. Hardin" <jhardin () impsec org>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:28:31 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, der Mouse wrote:

Depends.  Does it include the tools necessary to sign my own code?

If so, what's to stop a malware creator from using those same tools to
sign the attack vector?

How does the malware author get the private half of a public key you
trust for software installations?

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin () impsec org                        pgpk -a jhardin () impsec org