Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: MD5 To Be Considered Harmful Today

From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:36:28 -0800

Actually, no, it is not. Try catting it on linux console. It takes
the garbage, overwrites it with ^Hs, then writes ... "its saddle and
harness for price   1", then shifts cursor right (over 4 or `,
depending on first block), then continues with "000 dollars".

My trick does *not* work in Gnome Terminal (I've just verified
it). You need actuall linux console, press ctrl-alt-F1 on most distros
to get to one... but if you tell me what terminal you use, I can
probably create terminal sequence that works there...
                                                                Pavel
Whoa.  If you can get this working in rxvt, I'll be quite impressed.

--Dan