Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: AntiGen Email scanning software allowes file through filter....

From: Thomas Roughley <thomas_roughley () sybari com>
Date: 4 Sep 2003 16:04:38 -0000

We have contacted Mr Pingree to resolve the issue reported. He has stated
that the problem WAS NOT with Antigen but a configuration problem. He has
since resolved the problem.

Thank You

Thomas Roughley
Manager- Techncial Account Management
Sybari Software, Inc.

Date: 15 Aug 2003 19:32:37 -0000
From: Larry Pingree <geekguy () urs2 net>
To: bugtraq () securityfocus com
Subject: AntiGen Email scanning software allowes file through filter....

An older version of AntiGen software package for exchange allows any
file
with the name of test.zip and test.exe to pass through the filter list
even if you are filtering *.exe and *.zip. I believe that anything
called "test.*" would be permitted through the filter.  I have not
confirmed the versions yet. But thought this was interesting.