Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Internet Explorer and Opera local zone restriction bypass

From: william schulze <was () macromedia com>
Date: 30 Oct 2003 15:35:50 -0000

All:

Macromedia is dedicated to protecting the security of our customers, and we are taking steps to resolve this issue.

To summarize, the Flash Player stores cookies in a somewhat predictable location (assuming the username can be
guessed), and some of the contents are stored as plain text. While this is not in itself a directly exploitable
vulnerability, an exploit can be created in combination with a security flaw in the browser. Macromedia will therefore
make changes so that browser vulnerabilities of this nature cannot be exploited using the Flash Player.

Once an updated Flash Player is available, we will post the new software and notify both our customers and the BugTraq
community with this information.

Any questions can be directed to <mailto:secure () macromedia com> secure () macromedia com.

Regards,
-was-
William A. Schulze
Sr. Director