Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Small bug crashes OE

From: David Komanek <xdavid () lib natur cuni cz>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:38:23 +0200 (CEST)

I can confirm this bug with Outlook Express (version 6.00.2600.0000),
Windows 2000 Pro EN + SP2. In rich-text mode I pasted the example code to
the source-window and while going to normal view mode, it crashed :-)

DK

Raistlin wrote:
It's not difficult to exploit this vuln. Please find enclosed a
simple e-mail which should crash the mailer. Let me know if this does
not happen on international versions, or with strange patches
applied.

Hi !

It does not affect my system (Windows XP SP1 build
2600.xpsp1.020828-1920 - IE6 SP1 6.0.2600.1106.xpsp1.020828-1920). I can
simply open the example message you provide, edit its source, preview
it, and send it, with no problem at all : no freeze, no hang up, no slow
down, no crash.

Seems to be more a OS related problem, than a browser one.

HTH,

- --
Kilian CAVALOTTI | GPGKeyId: 0xD657340C
BOFH excuse #165: