Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Apache Vulnerability through a Proxy?

From: Jason Yates <jaywhy2 () comcast net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:40:22 -0400

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 04:56, Ulf Bahrenfuss wrote:
Hi!

Does anyone know, if the chunk handling vulnerability carries through a proxy i.e. Squid or Webcache? (Updating is
currently not possible, because it is not the plain apache, but the Oracle IAS flavour...)

Or has anyone further information how this vulnerabilty really works?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Regards

Ulf

I've been very confused about this vulnerabity.  I've heard so many
conflicting reports of whats actually vulnerable and whats not.  I think
the best approach is to be more safe then sorry.  Upgrade your systems
to either the 1.3.26 or 2.0.39 versions of Apache, no matter what OS, or
architecture your running.

For IAS check out,

http://otn.oracle.com/deploy/security/pdf/apache_alert.pdf
http://otn.oracle.com/deploy/security/alerts.htm