Bugtraq mailing list archives

(more) Advanced SQL Injection

From: "Chris Anley" <chris () ngssoftware com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:25:16 +0100

Hi folks,

I've written another SQL injection whitepaper; it can be found at
http://www.ngssoftware.com/papers/more_advanced_sql_injection.pdf

I'm aware that I'm running the risk of becoming a one-topic poster; if
anyone's bored, I apologise. Other stuff is in the pipeline, I promise. :o)

The paper clears up some points I glossed over in the previous paper and
introduces some new techniques, notably the use of time delays as a
communication channel to extract information from the database, and the many
uses of OPENROWSET.

If anyone has other examples of the use of time as a communication channel,
I'd be extremely interested. It seems to me to be a powerful technique,
since defence mechanisms tend to abstract it out.

     -chris.