Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: REFRESH: EUDORA MAIL 5.1.1

From: Doug Monroe <monwel () interhack net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:59:59 -0400

"http-equiv () excite com" wrote:

Tuesday, July 23, 2002
Trivial silent delivery and installation of an executable on a target
computer. This  can be accomplished with the default installation of
the mail client Eudora  5.1.1:
'allow executables in HTML content' DISABLED
'use Microsoft viewer' ENABLED
[snip]
Working Example:
[snip]
http://www.malware.com/boodora.txt

Notes: disable 'use Microsoft viewer'

A Eudora expert I am not, but I suppose one could also change
  HKCU/software/qualcomm/eudora/launchmanager/path#2
from
"c:\windows\application data\qualcomm\eudora\embedded"
 or
"c:\program files\qualcomm\eudora pro\embedded"
to some other, non-default folder name.
New folder must exist before running eudora again.

And... add mhtml to "WarnExtentions#X" key values?