Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Why is Microsoft watching us watch DVD movies?

From: "Russ" <Russ.Cooper () rc on ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:41:38 -0500

Marc said;
Therefore it smells like they are doing it for their own statistics
which I don't think is just, especially because the user cannot turn
this
behaviour off,   It should be the choice of the user, and it should be
turned off per default.

I think you can effectively disable this simply by adding
windowsmedia.com to your Restricted Sites zone in IE. I'd also add
IEChannelGuide.com just for the heck of it. You can eliminate cookies
with these sites through the Privacy Tab in IE 6.0 and the Edit button
(which lets you establish cookie policy by site).

Cheers,
Russ - NTBugtraq Editor