Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: SquirrelMail v1.2.9 XSS bugs

From: Jonathan Angliss <ja () certiflexdimension com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:07:25 -0600

Hello Euronymous,
On Monday, December 02, 2002, euronymous wrote...

topic: SquirrelMail v1.2.9 XSS bugs
product: SquirrelMail v1.2.9
vendor: www.squirrelmail.org
risk: low
date: 12/3/2k2
discovered by: euronymous /F0KP /HACKRU Team
advisory url: http://f0kp.iplus.ru/bz/008.txt
=:=:=::=:=:=::=:=:=::=:=:=::=:=:=::=:=:=::=:=:=::=

description
-----------
when reading some email you can to insert the scripting code..
read_body.php dont make filtering users input in `mailbox' and
`passed_id' variables. btw, today has released v1.2.10. im dont
know if this version contains this xss.

[snip]

Thank you for pointing this out. We would have been a lot more
grateful if you had notified us of this issue prior to releasing the
bugtraq posting, and it would have been fixed in our 1.2.10 release,
which as you pointed out was released just yesterday. The lack of
forward notification is frustrating, and it would have been nice to
have heard earlier.

Next time any issues such as this arise, please feel free to contact
the project administrators/leaders (such as myself), which can all be
found listed on http://www.squirrelmail.org/about.php.

--
Jonathan Angliss
(jon () squirrelmail org)