Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Sun Security Bulletin #00208

From: Avery Buffington <avery () fundsxpress com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:33:43 -0500

If I'm reading the advisory correctly this appears to only effect a sun
box using the VM in a "workstation" type environment where a rogue
applet could grab the contents (if any) from the clipboard, correct?  If
the VM is not being used in conjunction with a browser and/or window
manager there is little to no harm in this bug, right??

-avery

Jay Sekora wrote:

From the Sun Security Bulletin:
2. Affected Releases

   The following releases are affected:

    [...]

   Solaris OE Production Releases

     SDK and JRE 1.3.0_02 or earlier
     SDK and JRE 1.2.2_07 or earlier
     SDK and JRE 1.2.1
     SDK and JRE 1.2

The version of the JDK that is shipped with Solaris 8 4/01 is
(according to "/bin/java -version") "build Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_07a".
Note trailing "a".  Does anybody know for certain whether that counts
as "SDK and JRE 1.2.2_07 or earlier" for purposes of this discussion?
(We do lots of Java coursework here, and I'd prefer not to upgrade
under people while school is in session if it can safely be avoided.)

Sincerely,

Jay Sekora
for <systems () ccs neu edu>

--
Avery Buffington

"Let's call it an accidental feature." --Larry Wall