Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: PGP Signed Messages

From: "[Segmen]" <dontpanic999 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:22:38 +0100

yep, my thoughts exactly... i see no reason why the comment shouldnt be
included when generating the signature.

agreed that anyone with any experience with PGP will spot this instantly,
and confirm their suspicions by verifying the Message, but
someone with little experience, or maybe even someone in a rush, who simply
reads the message then confirms the valid the signature
may miss this, which admittedly i have done sometimes for non-essential
mails ;o) , could possibly be tricked by this.

From some of the replies i have received it seems that GPG is not vulnerable
to this trick.

--
PGP Key ID : 0x897D43BA