Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re[2]: The Dangers of Allowing Users to Post Images

From: "Alexander K. Yezhov" <admin () leader ru>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:52:40 +0400

Following upon the letter of Friday, June 15, 2001:

RMS> This  is  a  *very* interesting finding. It seems kind of obvious
RMS> too. I wonder why no one seems to have run across it before.

It  reminds me "Client Side Trojans" thread. Also similar problem with
authorization  have  been  described  at  tools-on.net  ("Web and your
privacy"  section). The problem is that once authorised you don't have
to  enter  password  again  if  you are redirected to some form inside
protected (via .htaccess, cookie, etc) area.

Best regards, Alexander

            MCP+I, MCSE, BrainBench certificates
            http://leader.ru http://tools-on.net