Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Too much misleading advice on the Universal Plug-and-Play security hole

From: "Marc Maiffret" <marc () eeye com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 19:24:21 -0800

<snip>

| Richard M. Smith
| http://www.computerbytesman.com

Good to try to clear things up like that however you just confused people
even more again. Windows 98 is also affected yet you fail to mention it.

Once again for those of us that missed it in Microsoft's bulletin the first
time:
Affected Software:
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows 98SE
Microsoft Windows ME
Microsoft Windows XP

That means, and as I've said to one to many reporters, if you or someone you
know is running Windows 98/ME/XP then you/they need to install the patch.

Signed,
Marc Maiffret
Chief Hacking Officer
eEye Digital Security