Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Stack overflow in all Internet Explorer Versions!!

From: "Jonathan G. Lampe" <jonathan () stdnet com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 11:03:42 -0600

Not sure this is a big deal for patched browsers.

In IE 5.5 (w/ sp 2 + Q306121) and IE 6.0 (w/ Q312461) I either got a "Stack overflow at line: X" message in a dialog box or an "Out of memory at line: X" message in a dialog box using the example scripts distributed by tsr/Flash. IE never crashed, nor did any of my machines. Furthermore, I tested normal Javascript in the same browsers which just experienced the stack overflows and observed no problems.

- Jonathan Lampe, jonathan () stdnet com