Bugtraq mailing list archives

PATCH: Vulnerabilities in LSF

From: Greg Reid <greid () platform com>
Date: 11 Dec 2001 23:45:32 -0000

LSF users,

We now have a patch that addresses the issues raised by the security posting
of 5 December 2001.  It is available to our customers from ftp.platform.com or
by contacting Technical Support (support () platform com).

The patch is currently available for LSF 4.2 on all major platforms. Patches for
other platforms and versions of LSF will be made available as required.

We would also like to point out again that many of the security issues raised can be
addressed in all versions of LSF with configuration changes.  We invite you to contact
Platform Technical Support to discuss your configurations and any security concerns
that you may have.

There is also an ongoing development effort to review the security issues. We
will continue to keep you posted about our status and any actions that are taken.
We continue to work directly with the original reporter.

As always, your comments and feedback are welcome.

take care,

Greg

Greg L. Reid                                                          greid () platform com
Second-line Technical Support Manager
Platform Computing Corporation
3760 14th Avenue, Markham                                Phone:(905)948-4207
Ontario, Canada, L3R 3T7                                   Cell :(416)788-4487

Platform Technical Support
Email: support () platform com
Phone: (905)948-4297
Toll Free: 1-877-444-4573