Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: F7-Enter bug details & workaround

From: "Hernan Ochoa" <hochoa () corest com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 21:45:59 -0300

You got me thinking and testing.  I tested using the F_ keys in telnet and
found that they are implimented.  A similar bug occurs in telnet, but with
less drastic consiquences.

You're right!, but actually I tested using telnet and it not only hangs the
telnet window but also crashes
my system, the same thing happens as with cmd.exe. So i think my previous
guess was right, this some general
API. I also tried with the patch I posted in my previous message and the bug
doesn't work.

hope it helps.
bye!

==================[ CORE Security Technologies Inc. ]=========
Hernan Ochoa                              mailto:hochoa () corest com
Senior Security Consultant
Florida 141 7mo. piso 2do. cuerpo         http://www.corest.com
C1005AAC Capital Federal
Buenos Aires, Argentina.              Tel/Fax : +(54.11)48.78.26.73
Casilla de Correos 877 (1000) Correo Central

-"Es un muchacho sin importancia colectiva, exactamente un
individuo".
        Louis Ferdinand Celine, L'Eglise.