Bugtraq mailing list archives

vmware and xlock

From: Benjamin Elijah Griffin <bgriffin () CDDB COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:51:39 -0700

A few weeks ago I noticed that running the VMware virtual computer
on my linux box I could access the guest OS screen by hitting
<ctrl><alt><F8>. Yesterday I gave that some more thought and
wondered if I could switch displays while xlock was in place.

It turns out that it works. My (brief) testing seems to show the
keyboard and mouse are locked, but it is possible to see what
is on the screen.

Today I looked at the vmware groups at news.vmware.com and saw
that they are aware of the problem but don't seem to consider
it severe.

Server: news.vmware.com
Group: vmware.for-linux.misc