Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: expoit for locale format string bug (Solaris 2.x)

From: Gus Hartmann <hartmann () MADISON-EXPAT NET>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:08:09 -0700

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 03:24:56PM -0700, Dan Harkless wrote:

I wish Sun would make a response in this forum so its customers (including
the ones without multi-thousand-dollar support contracts) would know what
the time window is for local users being able to easily get root.

        Sun did respond in the FOCUS-SUN mailing list, to the effect that
they are currently working on a solution. The two most relevant messages are
available from the archive at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/archive.pike?fromthread=0&start=2000-09-01&threads=0&mid=80863&list=92&end=2000-09-07

http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/archive.pike?fromthread=0&start=2000-09-08&threads=0&mid=81184&list=92&end=2000-09-14

        My employer holds several, multi-million dollar Sun support
contracts, and we haven't heard anything besides the above messages to a
public mailing list.

--
Gus
                           no .sig, no slogan