Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Submission

From: "Robert G. Ferrell" <root () rgfsparc cr usgs gov>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:56:26 -0600

It seems
to me that people like Georgi Guninski while they claim to support full
disclosure obviously
support it for reasons other than the good of the security community.

Without venturing into the dangerous psychological territory of second-guessing
people's motivations, I feel it is time once again to point out that none of
this would be relevant if application developers would do their own security
reviews prior to releasing their software, rather than letting the rest of the
world do it for them, free of charge.  Having a large, ridiculously wealthy
corporation call someone 'discourteous' or 'irresponsible' after rushing to
release software that endangers thousands of systems and terabytes of data is
bordering on the comically absurd, or would be if it weren't so needlessly
tragic.

Perspective, folks.  That's what it's all about.

Cheers,

RGF

Robert G. Ferrell, CISSP
 Who goeth without humor goeth unarmed.