Bugtraq mailing list archives

CyberCop Monitor NT 2.5

From: dr_erik_wright () GMX NET (dr_erik_wright () GMX NET)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 01:51:12 +0200

While playing with whisker's IDS evasion features, I determined that some
of the techniques employed are effective against Cybercop Monitor 2.5 on the
Windows NT platform.

This came as a great surprise to me since my company chose this product
because of the IDS evasion paper that Network Associates released a few years
ago. They don't seem to practice what they preach, just like every other
commercial security solution.

After doing some searching, I noticed that ISS Realsecure had a similar
problem that was reported on bugtraq a few months ago.

Thanks a bunch ISS and Network Associates.

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net