Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Enumerate Root Web Server Directory Vulnerability for IIS 4.0

From: ollie () DELPHISPLC COM (Ollie Whitehouse)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:30:57 -0000

All,

A way to stop these types of attacks when enumeration of a file path on an
IIS box occurs is to replace the errors with non-default errors pages.

Rgds

Ollie
<%
Ollie Whitehouse
Delphis Consulting
VOX: +44 (0)207 916 0200 (Switchboard)
FAX: +44 (0)207 916 1590 (Main)
FAX: +44 (0)870 0881837 (FAX - E-Mail)
PGP: http://www.ombs.demon.co.uk/pgp.txt
Tag: Who needs Windows2000 when you have OS/2?
%>