Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: NAI WebShield SMTP does not scan base64 encoding

From: Satok () QUESTDIAGNOSTICS COM (Sato, Ken)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:10:42 -0400

Chris, Destry,

Yes, I've had the same problem too.  Because MS is too selfish to release
the precise specs on the MS-TNEF encoding scheme, NAI is unable to write a
reliable API to decode MS-TNEF.

The work around for this is to install Groupshield for exchange.
Groupshield is installed at the mail servers, so the MS-TNEF is stripped by
the MS-Exchange before Groupshield scans the files.

Rgds,

Ken, Information Security