Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Yet another heap overflow in wu-ftpd and so on...

From: portal () SECURITY IS (portal)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:31:13 -0000

similar command as above 'grep' can see it clearly. It's
rather obvious that there's an overflow in optional
feature introduced in recent wu-ftpd
versions, called 'internal ls'. But this problem has been
discovered by someone else (I'm not sure who did it,
someone from teso or Lam3rZ) days
ago. Sorry, anyway :)

I guess it was me :) I think I spotted it in April/May last
year while auditing 2.5.0, and told somebody in teso about
it. It's nothing in peculiar, and has too many
requirements. One has to create a symbolic link in a
directory and list it with the 'internal ls'.
Additionally, it's a heap overflow. Have fun with it ;)

Sincerely,
portal () security is
- www.security.is -