Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Novell BorderManager 3.0 EE - Encoded URL rule bypass

From: willy () LUKOIL UU RU (Vitaly Fedrushkov)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 08:33:07 -0000

Good $daytime,

The same flaw in Squid was discovered (and fixed -- by
Henrik Nordstrom) back in February 1999.

If I recall properly, Apache turned out to be immune to
this problem.  I had no other software to check.  Now I
see I should have asked others :)

It should be noted that "end result" depends on server
implementation: some servers understand escaped
punctuation such as '/' or '~' but not letters.

Admins reading this -- please check your proxies!
Though if you're using squid >= 1.1.20 -- don't care :)

Thanks for your time.

  Regards,
  Willy.

--
"No easy hope or lies        | Vitaly "Willy the Pooh"
Fedrushkov