Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin (MS00-005)

From: bigdog () DOGPOUND VNET NET (Matt Davis)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:00:41 -0500

Which brings up a good question..  What makes a vulnerability
WindowsUpdate material?

Why does Microsoft not put all security/bug fixes on the Windows Update
site as recommended updates?

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 bugtraq () NS DOOMSDAY COM wrote:

      Interesting that this is not a part of Windows 98's Windows
Update.  If it was a serious enough vulnerability to fix you would think
that it would also be easy to download and install without subscribing to
any security related lists.  :>

      _John

---
Matt Davis - ICQ# 934680
http://dogpound.vnet.net/~bigdog/
NoWonder UNIX Tech - http://www.nowonder.com

I think someone should have had the decency to tell me the luncheon was free. To make someone run out with potato salad
in his hand, pretending he's throwing up, is not what I call hospitality.