Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: DoS by SMTP AUTH command in IPSwitch IMail server

From: SAKAI Yoriyuki <sakai () LAC CO JP>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:39:37 +0900

Dear folks,

        I reported a vulnerability of DoS in IPSwitch's IMail 6.0.5
at 2000/Dec/08.
Now they release a patch programme to fix this problem.

How to adapt patch(s) for IMail 6.x:
http://www.ipswitch.com/support/IMail/patch-upgrades.html

SMTPd32, POP3d32 and IMAP4d32 Patch for IMail Server 6.05:
ftp://ftp.ipswitch.com/Ipswitch/Product_Support/Imail/IM605HF5.exe

Still I don't try to make a DoS condition or to make a code to exploit
after I adapt a patch to IMail server. As soon as possible, I will do it.
(And hope this issue won't be back again.)

--
  sakai () lac co jp         / LAC Co., Ltd.