Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Multiple Local Vulnerabilities in Helix Gnome Installer

From: Olaf Kirch <okir () CALDERA DE>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:42:35 +0200

On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 04:29:16PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
1.    Several of the gdmify functions are vulnerable to attack because
      they use system and /tmp in unsafe manners

      > SuSE and Caldera
[snip]

Just to make sure there's no confusion about this issue; Caldera
doesn't ship any Helix code with its products. This issue will
only affect you if you have downloaded the installer from the
Helix FTP site.

Olaf Kirch
--
Olaf Kirch         |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir () monad swb de  |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax