Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Back Door in Commercial Shopping Cart

From: anik () IFDO PUGMARKS COM (Anik)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:13:54 -0400

t's been a while since I have looked at the dansie shopping script (almost a
year now). As I remember it, the program also required you (or at least
strongly encouraged) making the script world writeable. As I no longer have
access to the script, I can't double check.
This reinforces the copy protection theory, but also allows a potential
attacker to do other interesting things to the script with much ease.
Anik