Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Time to update those CGIs again

From: wise () TOMCAT RU (Wise Cat)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:33:38 +0400

Hello Tymm Twillman,

ñðåäà, 6 îêòÿáðÿ 1999 ã., you wrote:

TT> As I reported in my message, tried with 4.51 and 4.7 under
TT> Linux/English... And same reported with at least some Solaris versions.

TT> -Tymm

I  found  it  works  on  FreeBSD with 4.6 too but: only with (default)
iso-8859-1  encoding.  It  doesn't  work  if  the  page  has different
codepage,  for example iso-8859-2 or iso8859-15 or koi8-r. So it seems
to be the problem with Netscape translation table for this codepage.

To  patch server quickly you can set up different default codepage for
your documents.

TT> On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, 3APA3A wrote:

Hello Tymm Twillman,

05.10.99 19:50, you wrote: Time to update those CGIs again;

T> Seems that at least some Unix versions of Netscape treat characters 0x8b
T> and 0x9b (NOT the strings "0x8b" and "0x9b" but the characters with these
T> ascii values) just like < and > respectively...

I've  tested  Netscape Communicator 4.6 under both Windows and FreeBSD
$ netscape -v
Netscape 4.6/Export, 04-May-99; (c) 1995-1998 Netscape Communications Corp
-  there  is no such problem. Can you say the version of Netscape with
this bug?

         /\_/\