Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: aix 4.2 4.3.1, adb

From: Peter.Fredriksson () Skriptor com (Peter.Fredriksson () Skriptor com)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:14:49 +0200

Just for confirmation:
I tried this on my AIX 4.3.1 box (IBM RS/6000 F50, 1x332Mhz CPU, 128Mb RAM),
and it does work.
As the machine did halt, it displayed "888 102 300 0c0" at the front LCD.

You could also recive this data throu the service processor by choosing:
3 - System Information
  4 - Read Service Processor Error Logs

The output I got from this was "<DATE> 1. OS termination string received -
888 102 300 0c0"

A search for this sequence in the IBM APAR database showed that the macine
hanged with a DSI (Data Storage Interrupt). Only god knows what IBM means
with that.
This is the output of the error reporting program:

bash-2.01# errpt -a -l329
LABEL:          SCANOUT
IDENTIFIER:     CF8CADB6

Date/Time:       tis jul 13 10.15.41
Sequence Number: 329
Machine Id:      0041072A4C00
Node Id:         <Insert_machine_name_here>
Class:           H
Type:            PERM
Resource Name:   sysplanar0
Resource Class:  planar
Resource Type:   sysplanar_rspc
Location:        00-00

Description
SYSTEM FAILURE WITH SCAN DATA

Probable Causes
SYSTEM HARDWARE
SOFTWARE ERROR

Failure Causes
SYSTEM HARDWARE
SOFTWARE SUBSYSTEM

        Recommended Actions
        PERFORM PROBLEM DETERMINATION PROCEDURES
        IF PROBLEM CONTINUES TO OCCUR REPEATEDLY THEN DO THE FOLLOWING
        CONTACT APPROPRIATE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE

Detail Data
ERROR COUNT
           1
SCAN DATA PATHNAME
/usr/lib/ras/checkstop.0041072A4C00.A

This was all the information that I could find. I'm now of to upgrade my AIX
version level

My best regards,
Peter Fredriksson
Systems administrator
Skriptor AB
email - Peter.Fredriksson () Skriptor com
Phone: +46 8-441 77 30